Wednesday 7 February 2007

Anita's Quilt

This is a lap size quilt that I made for our young friend Anita and her husband Shane for their wedding. The blocks are made using Spinning Four Patches. I used the same fabric as the border print and layered four identical layers using the 12" repeat on the fabric. I then cut 3 1/2" squares and with the four identical squares, made the kaleidoscope blocks. I set them diagonally with pink squares in the center and teal setting triangles because I didn't have enough of the pink to do it all :-). I also used some of the leftover kaleidoscope blocks for the four corners of the quilt. These Spinning four patches are addictive! I now have 8 sets of blocks ready to be made into various quilts. I will post more on the blog as they are finished. Below are some closeups of the blocks.




No comments: