Monday 31 May 2010

Braid quilt

Gail and I got together tonight for QNIC (Quilting Night in Canada) to work on our quilts which will be donated to the chemo unit at our local hospital. The Elgin Piecemakers guild pairs up two members to work together on a quilt so we get to know one another while olanning and sewing a fun and worthwhile project. Gail had a jelly roll that she donated to the cause and I contributed the backgrounds. We split the jelly roll into two colourways and Gail is working with this pale green background:

My half of the jelly roll is paired with a burgundy background and has the blue and beige strips:


I am sewing my braids on my trusty Singer 15-88 treadle:


The beginnings of the braids:


We will choose sashings/borders after the braids are finished. The pattern is from the book, "Open a Can of Worms" by Debbie Caffrey

3 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice braids! Thanks for the fun evening!

Jeanne said...

That's going to be a fantastic quilt.

SEWButterfly said...

Love your blog! I got my first treadle 2 years ago from a sewing gal pal! And, the collection keeps growing!