Friday 7 January 2011

A doll party

My two friends and I met for our Christmas get together on Wednesday. We had plans to meet before Christmas and were snowed out both times! So, we finally managed to pick the one sunny day this week with no flurries in the forecast and had a great time. We have all been busy with dolls lately and brought them along so they could all meet each other :-). Don't they look like they're having fun? Click on the photo to enlarge it. The two tiny dolls at either end are Reliable dolls made in Canada. The left one on the chair is made in Italy. Many of the baby dolls are made by Zapf Creations.

Lynn made this cute little clothespin holder for me! Isn't it just the cutest?

I had made giant pin cushions for Lynn and Amy from the Moda bakeshop site. They are really cool and definitely giant!

Amy's pin cushion:

Lynn's pincushion:

My American Girl doll, Kit and Lynn's handmade doll:

Lynn's doll from her childhood! Her Mom made this dress for her with the same fabrics as a dress that she made for Lynn. What a treasure to still have this!

We went shopping at Value Village in the afternoon and found these cute clothes in the baby section (3 months size) which fit Lynn's Betsey Wetsey doll.

What fun!! We hope to get together one of these days and make clothes for our dolls. We have a huge collection of patterns between the three of us as well :-)

2 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

Very nice! Those dolls look beautiful, all decked out in their finery. Such treasures to have. My great-nieces have an American Girl doll each and their grandma makes clothes for them and quilts too.

Lynda said...

I love dolls. My Lizzie and I have a nice little collection of 18 inch "Little Sister" dolls made by the now defunct German Gotz company. I also have a couple of Sasha dolls that I treasure. Such fun to see all yours at the party:)