Thursday 22 September 2011

A Dear Jane block - Finally!

Last week my Dear Jane internet friend Els, who is from the Netherlands, spent a week with me hanging out in my sewing room, going on quilt shop hops and visiting one of my quilt guilds. We had a wonderful time. Els has already completed her first DJ quilt and is working on her second one! She definitely inspired me to get back at my quilt. So, Monday afternoon, I decided to do another block. This one is Cabin Fever A 9. I used my stitch ripper a few times to get the colours right! I should have checked the original block out closer! But, I got it finished and am happy with it. Hopefully, I can keep up with my 1 block a week goal again. This is my 59th block of 169 center blocks. Then I have to decide if I'll do the triangles or not :-).

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Fabulous, Jacqui! Love the color you chose.
Your visit with Els sounds like fun; it's so great to meet our Internet buddies! I have one coming in January from Germany --can't wait!
Hugs,
;-)

Quilter Kathy said...

Great block with lots of little pieces...my favorite!
Did you catch Pat Sloan's radio interview about the Dear Jane teachers? It was really interesting hearing them talk about seeing the original quilt, and to hear about the maker of the quilt! You can download it on Podcast...I think it was maybe 2 weeks ago?

Ellen said...

Your block looks great! I am glad you found your Dear Jane groove and look forward to seeing more blocks in the future.