Monday 27 May 2013

Bordered Diamonds

The Bordered Diamonds quilt from my Kaffe Fasset workshop is finished, complete with hanging sleeve and label.  I had decided to quilt it with purple Magnifico thread by Superior, but when I went to buy it at Anita Zoben's Open house, she suggested orange!  The quilt 'wanted' orange!   I braved organic line quilting after asking Jacquie Gering for advice.  I am very happy with the way it turned out.  There are 102 organic lines in the quilt :-).  The finished quilt (this is not the greatest photo; hope to take one outside and will update it):
  

 The organic line quilting and binding:


The organic line quilting really gives it texture, but it is not stiff:


backing:


 The quilt gives me wonderful memories of a fabulous class with Kaffe Fasset and Brandon Mably.



6 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I LOVE this quilt, Jacqui! Just beautiful!

Ladybug said...

Oh, Jacqui, this turned out so beautifully! I love everything about it and think the orange thread was an inspired choice. The backing is perfect too. Love, love, love.

Idle hands, empty brain ... said...

Lovely work, lovely colours and lovely quilting! Well done!

Miriam said...

I love your version of Bordered Diamonds, The quilting looks great!

Els said...

I do like the quilting! Is it easy to learn for a beginner?

Jean said...

The quilting with orange looks wonderful. How exciting to take a class with Kaffe Fassett. I made this quilt when it was in a magazine, but then bought the book it's in too because I wanted to make the ST. Mark's quilt and the Bicycle quilt.