Tuesday 27 October 2015

Baby quilts for Sarah and Jenny

My good intentions of doing more regular blog posts have been sidetracked once again.   I completed a baby quilt earlier this summer for a young friend who moved to PEI.  We delivered it personally on our trip to PEI in July (finishing the binding while sitting at the ocean :-).   The pattern was called Shenandoah by Creative Sewlutions.  I ended up cutting it wrong, so my strips are not exactly the same width as the pattern, but I made it work :-).  (Click on the photo to enlarge.)

The finished quilt

Simple meandering lines seemed to suit this pattern for quilting it.

Found this lovely modern animal print in my stash for the backing
Back of the quilt

The white tone on tone had sea shells which was very appropriate for a PEI baby :-)

One of the girls in my Church had her first baby and we ladies had a shower for her.  I had done these One Block Wonder blocks a couple of years ago and since this baby was a boy and his mother likes bright colours, I thought it would work perfectly for little Bryce.  I added some bright solid cubes since the blocks were very busy.


The finished quilt

This is all the original fabric I had left, and since the quilt was a little short, I added it as a panel on the top of the quilt


close up of the cube quilting

some of the blocks

I used this flip flop fabric on the back of the quilt









No comments: